Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 March 2011

It Got Good



This is the first book I read when I bought my lovely Kindle way back in Feb, 
 Its called "Room" by Emma Donoghue. A friend of mine told me about this book and I remember my partner telling me he had looked at it in WaterStones, At first I thought it sounded like one of those true story thingies that I hate so much. I was wrong. So here is a little blurb about it:-
It's Jack's birthday, and he's excited about turning five. Jack lives with his Ma in Room, which has a locked door and a skylight, and measures 11 feet by 11 feet. He loves watching TV, and the cartoon characters he calls friends, but he knows that nothing he sees on screen is truly real - only him, Ma and the things in Room. Until the day Ma admits that there's a world outside . . . Told in Jack's voice, Room is the story of a mother and son whose love lets them survive the impossible.
 The story was really quite touching in some places and the little lad sounds lush, A typical five year old boy, But not quite, Can you imagine being shut away from the world not even knowing that it exists? I cant, But this book gives you an idea what it could be like......
 Quite a heart rending story and I really recommend you try it.
 Kindle price is £2.79. Paperback is £3.99. Hardback is £7.19. Please remember that I give the prices from Amazons list only. You can check out WaterStones or Orricks but I doubt you will find the books I review cheaper anywhere else.

Enjoy :) 

1 comment:

  1. Ummm I shall be reading this book soon ;) x
    & thanks for the heads up on "The Ice Palace"

    ReplyDelete