Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 October 2011

One Day

Seriously excellent book, Funny, touching and bloody irritating all at the same time.
 Emma and Dexter are in their early 20's and fresh out of University And both with pretty decent degree's, Emma is a Northerner with not a lot of money and Dexter is a rich kids from Oxfordshire, Yeah, Also Dexter is a twat, Completely obnoxious and oblivious to everyone but himself and where his next shag is coming from, Not to forget his biggest worry, What is the most fashionable drug at the time. So sex and drugs are his high life while Emma  slaves away in a Mexican restaurant. Also, Emma is in love with Dex, but his ignorant arse cant see that. 
 So while Dex shags everything with a pulse, Emma sticks around and they become the best of friends. 
 This goes on in the same way for 20 years............................20 bloody years lol, Dex bonking everything that consents and Emma secretly wishing he would settle down with her forever.  
 This book is amazing, Simply unputdownable lol. And when I did put it down I was thinking bout Emma and Dex. 
 I saw this book reviewed on some God awful day time T.V show. A morning one that was on simply because I could not be arsed turning off the Telly and put the radio on, From the word go, the way the presenter was driveling on and on about this story that I was determined NEVER to read it, They were talking about it because it had just been made into a film, That made my resolve never to read it even stronger, But then the darn thing was all over the place, People reading it on the bus, It peered out at me from Book Shop windows, With its bright orange jacket, Like it was grinning at me saying " you know you will, Cos you just have to see what all the fuss is about". Bloody thing, Needless to say, I bought the sodding thing and could not put the beastie down. Anyway I was very disappointed in myself for just fobbing off a book just cos it was shown on daytime T.V. 
 So let this be a lesson to you all and...........(Ew I cant believe I am going to say this) Don't judge a book by who bloody advertises it hahahahahaha. I was pleasantly surprised

No comments:

Post a Comment